The Kitale Family House of Hope welcomes general donations that will help support the organization and the children it serves. We are grateful for all contributions as they allow us to further our work and expand our vision. Each general donation will be used where it is most needed.
Our Current Needs
The following items should give you an idea on our current needs and how donated funds will be put to use.
- Construction of a classroom – $10,000 per classroom
- Buy a cow for the dairy project – $2000
- Sponsor the construction of a green house – $4500
- Provide books and pencils for a primary school child – $100
- Support a child in primary school – $40 per month
- Support a child in secondary school or college – $1000 per year
- Feed a non-resident child in our program – $30 per month
- Provide a manual sewing machine for teen girls – $150
- Provide new clothes or uniforms for one child – $30
Want to help us out? There are a lot of ways you can get involved.
The children we support need love, attention, life skills, and education so they can have successful futures free from poverty and filled with the same opportunities as others. As a volunteer you will be a mentor by becoming a big brother or sister to kids in children’s home.
You will work alongside local staff to help with classroom teaching and homework help, childcare, and the daily operations of the home. This placement is suitable for a caring, motivated, and self-directed person who has a love for children.
Volunteers are also encouraged to initiate their own work by organizing arts and crafts, music, dance, games, sports activities, and day trips for the children. Please note supplies and resources for any kind of activity you may want to introduce might not be at the centre so we recommend bringing a few resources with you.
Email us and let us know how you would like to get involved!